Carlo Heip Excellence Medal in Marine Biodiversity
The Carlo Heip Award in Marine Biodiversity was inaugurated in recognition of Carlo Heip’s leadership in marine biodiversity research and founding of the ‘World Conference of Marine Biodiversity’. We seek nominations of individuals who have demonstrated exemplary leadership in marine biodiversity science to receive this award. Recipients of the Carlo Heip Award are Carlos Duarte, Edgar Graham, and Steve Hawkins.
• The 2021 Carlo Heip award nomination cycle will close on December 1st, 2021.
• Self-nominations are excluded. The nominator must ensure the nominee has agreed to be nominated and is aware of the requirement to attend the 2023 World Conference on Marine Biodiversity (WCMB VI).
• The award recipients will be invited to present a plenary talk at the next WCMB VI in Penang, Malaysia.
• The recipient may choose the topic of the talk. The presentation of the award will take place in conjunction with the talk.
• The conference will cover the recipient’s travel to-and-from the conference, accommodation, and complimentary conference registration.
• The recipient of the 2021 Carlo Heip Awards will be notified by March 31st, 2022.
• Nominations should address, in not more than 1000 words, the three evaluation criteria below:
Research impact supported by a list of the candidate’s top 10 publications and a link to their Google Scholar profile (or similar).
Peer recognition demonstrated by indicators such as awards, honours, funding, and speaker invitations.
Service evidenced by meetings organised, teaching, leadership, editorial responsibilities, mentorship, public outreach.